6 Tips For Gracefully Aging Skin
We are aging and there’s nothing we can do about it – best to just face the music! We can get all the extra rest in the world, use the mildest, best-for-our-skin products on the market, or drink enough water, but nothing we can do can stop time from progressing. So how can we keep our skin vibrant?
Obviously, none of us would turn back time to our teenaged acne days, but some of us might love to maybe take a sip or two from the proverbial fountain of youth. So what can we do to strike that balance and let our skin age gracefully?
Follow these tips for healthy aging skin:
- Sun protection. One of the biggest skin-damaging agents out there are the sun’s UV Rays. If you want true protection from these invisible, but harmful rays, slather up with a “broad,” or “full-spectrum” sunscreen if you’re going to be out between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- Exfoliate. This is an easy step to miss, but it’s a vital one! Exfoliating unclogs your pores and helps to slough off all of the nasty dead skin from your face. Overdoing it can damage your skin though, so chat with your dermatologist about how often is right for your skin.
- Specialized creams. Retinoid creams have been proven to help reduce and prevent natural-forming wrinkles on your face.
- Try Botox. Botox is getting more and more popular as the go-to treatment for aging skin. This temporary cure reduces muscle activity in the areas injected. It helps your skin relax, which can reduce the spread of crow’s feet and frown lines.Try Fillers. Pretty much all of the folds in your face can lose their oomph as you age. Fillers can help to plump those areas up again, reintroducing a youthful appearance.
- Live an active, healthy lifestyle. Eating healthy, avoiding smoking, exercising regularly, and getting plenty of sleep can help your skin stay youthful and vibrant!
If you are looking for help reducing aging signs or are dealing with any other skin, nail, or hair issues, call us today. Here at Old Bridge Dermatology, our dermatologist, Dr. Juan Vaillant, has over 30 years of experience to help assess and treat any skin, nail, or hair problem that you are experiencing. To schedule an appointment at our convenient Old Bridge, NJ office, call us today at 732-679-0222.