How Can I Combat Aging?
Aging is one of the most natural processes in life, but for some people, it can come with a whole new set of stressors. We all know that stress can actually accelerate some of the issues that come with aging, so we’re here to discuss some effective anti-aging treatments and prevention methods.
The usual advice of getting a good night’s sleep, reducing stressors, exercising, and eating a well-balanced, healthy diet apply to slowing the aging process, but there’s more! Your skin cells are being replaced every day, which can be hard work for your body! The signs of aging show more and more in your hair and skin as your body works harder to replace those cells in more advanced ages. That’s why we put together this list of anti-aging treatments outside of the typical advice to help you slow or reverse some of the wrinkling.
Here are some common treatments to combat signs of aging:
- Creams – There are lots of creams that reduce wrinkles – both over-the-counter and prescription. Only retinoid creams, however, have been proven to reduce wrinkles effectively.
- Botox – This common anti-aging technique injects a botulinum toxin to block nerve signals and relax wrinkles.
- Fillers – This form of injection invigorates your skin to reduce sagging and fill in wrinkled areas.
- Chemical peels – This method removes the top layer of skin, which helps encourage growth of new, smooth, even-toned skin. This can be effective in treating age spots or scarring.
- Microdermabrasion – Coarse particles are used to remove the uppermost layer of dead skin cells, encouraging new cell growth and leaving your skin brighter and rejuvenated.
- Cosmetic surgery – You can alter or tighten almost any part of your body with cosmetic surgery for a more dramatic and longer-lasting effect.
Remember that prevention is the best method in keeping your skin vibrant and youthful. That prevention includes restful sleep, exercise, and a healthy diet! If you are looking to address signs of aging in your skin, or dealing with any other hair or nail issues, it’s time to see a dermatologist. Here at Old Bridge Dermatology, Dr. Juan Vaillant is here to help! His 30+ years of solid experience treating hair, skin, and nail issues and his extensive knowledge of skin-care protocol make him the perfect dermatologist for you. To make an appointment, call our convenient Old Bridge, NJ office at 732-679-0222 today!