What To Eat For Healthy Hair
We all know that a good diet leads to a good body, higher energy, and even an elevated mood, but did you know that what you eat can also affect your hair? Healthy diet habits along with a solid hair-care routine can give you the healthy, glowing hair that you’ve always wanted. You can keep your hair enriched and vibrant by eating foods rich with vitamins and nutrients. To help you out, we’ve put together a list full of good food choices that you can easily follow!
Eat these foods for healthy hair:
- Green roughage – Kale has risen from an unknown garnish to a staple grocery list item over the years, and for good reason! Kale, and its leafy friend in the produce cooler, spinach, has tons of iron and minerals that can reduce hair loss.
- Sweet potatoes – Sweet potatoes – unlike their plain old relatives – are rich in beta carotene, which is the precursor to Vitamin A in your bloodstream. Vitamin A increases the production of a naturally conditioning oil in your scalp, which gives your hair a nice sheen.
- Vitamin C – This essential vitamin is great to pair with iron-rich foods since it boosts iron absorption. Oranges, strawberries, blueberries, cranberries, and many other fruits rich in Vitamin C can also decrease hair breakage and increase collagen output by invigorating your capillaries.
- Fish – Salmon, mackerel, and the delectable swordfish are loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids, which keep your hair healthy and glowing.
- Nuts, beans, seeds – Beans are a fantastic source of the protein that your hair needs. Nuts and seeds are loaded with essential minerals that reduce hair damage from sun exposure, like selenium, zinc, and Vitamin E.
Good nutrition is a great start to ensuring your hair and your skin stay healthy and vibrant. Pairing that good nutrition with regular visits to your dermatologist, and a solid hair and skin care regimen is an even better idea! If you’re looking for a dermatologist who is professional and competent, Dr. Juan Vaillant here at Old Bridge Dermatology is your best bet. With over 30 years of experience, he can address any skin, nails, or hair issues you are dealing with. To schedule an appointment at our convenient Old Bridge, NJ office, call us today at 732-679-0222.