Good Food For Good Hair
We all know that food can affect our energy levels and our mood, but did you know it can also affect your hair? Some of the best ways to take care of your hair are right on your plate! Don’t worry, we’re not going to ask you to put the food in your hair, we’re just giving you tips on how to eat well for your hair’s health! You can enrich your hair from the inside out by consuming foods with the proper nutrients and vitamins.
The following food choices include the best combo of vitamins for your hair:
- Beans & nuts – beans and nuts are loaded with protein which helps keep your hair healthy. Nuts also have selenium, zinc, and Vitamin E for hair health.
- Sweet potatoes – perfect for fall! Sweet potatoes have beta carotene, which is the precursor to vitamin A in the blood. Vitamin A increases production of natural conditioning oils that make your hair shine.
- Leafy green veggies – kale and spinach are loaded with iron and tons of minerals that are essential for preventing hair loss.
- Fruits rich in vitamin C – there’s nothing better than natural sources of vitamin C to add a boost to your iron absorption. Blueberries, cranberries, strawberries, and of course oranges, can also invigorate capillaries and increase collagen output.
- Fish – Omega 3 fatty acids are great for your hair! Fish salmon, mackerel, and swordfish are loaded with these beneficial nutrients.
A well-balanced, nutritious diet, along with proper daily care, can help maintain healthy, shiny, vibrant hair, skin, and nails. Any issues that do arise should be checked out immediately by a skincare professional for proper diagnosis and treatment.
If you are dealing with thinning hair, or are experiencing any other skin, nail, or hair issues it’s time to give us a call today. Here at Old Bridge Dermatology, our dermatologist, Dr. Juan Vaillant, has over 30 years of experience to help you assess and treat any skin, nail, or hair problem that you are experiencing. To schedule an appointment at our convenient Old Bridge, NJ office, call us today at 732-679-0222.