Treatments for Aging Skin
We all go through the ups and downs of aging and while many folks take it in stride, many others prefer to do something more substantial to help decrease and eliminate wrinkles and age spots.
Some excellent treatments available from your dermatologist to decrease wrinkles and skin lesions include the following:
- Microdermabrasion procedures—These procedures involve the removal of the top layer of dead skin cells to uncover the new cells underneath. Once the new cells grow in, your skin will glow.
- Botox injections—This well known treatment is made of snake venom and the injection is used to relax wrinkles by blocking the nerve signals.
- Chemical peels—These peels are excellent for reducing age spots, acne scars, and decreasing the signs of wrinkles and will allow a new layer of skin to proliferate.
- Pastes and fillers—Plumping up the skin to reduce sagging and wrinkles with pastes and fillers will help to create a more youthful look.
- Surgery—Cosmetic surgery is available if you are unhappy with your look and it can be just what the doctor ordered.
Prevention is the best way to help keep your skin youthful and healthy, and avoiding UV light exposure will help. Even in the winter, with the sun low in the sky, reflected light from snow can still have a bad effect on your skin, hair, and nails.
For help treating your aging skin, hair, and nails contact your dermatologist for the best care.
Dr. Juan Vaillant of Old Bridge Dermatology has been treating patients for hair, skin, and nail problems for over 30 years, and has the extensive background needed to help address a variety of dermatological issues. Dr. Vaillant has successfully treated acne, eczema, dandruff, hair loss, psoriasis, and nail fungus.
If you are looking for an amiable, highly skilled dermatologist, call our office in Old Bridge, NJ at (732) 679-0222 and make an appointment.