Skin Care Tips for Holiday Travels
Whether you’re driving, taking a plane, bus, or train to see friends and family, traveling can be exhausting and take a toll on your skin. However, with the right preparation, you can help prevent skin problems and tired looking skin and arrive at your holiday destination with healthy skin!
- Skip the foundation – Planes in particular can be very drying, so use a moisturizer instead of a foundation, or use a primer as a protective layer before applying makeup.
- Moisturize, and moisturize some more – Dryness will most likely be your number one problem during traveling, so apply extra moisturizer the previous night and carry a compact moisturizer that you can reapply during your trip. There are mineral water face mists that can be refreshing and moisturizing as well.
- Blotting paper – If you tend to get oily skin, pack some blotting papers to take care of problem areas that can get exacerbated by dust and pollution.
- Use a gentle cleanser – Be sure to wash your face at regular intervals with a gentle cleanser to rid your face of built up oil, dust, and dead skin.
- Opt for a lip balm – A moisturizing lip balm will be a better option than a lipstick, which can become easily dry.
- Keep hands off of your face – During travel, you are touching many germ-filled surfaces, so keeping your hands off of your face will help protect your skin from bacteria.
- Take care of your hands – Repeated hand washing with harsh soaps can leave your skin dry, so be sure to pack a hand cream to apply frequently.
Traveling can expose your skin to a variety of harsh conditions, so if you notice any significant changes in your skin during travel, be sure to consult with an experienced board-certified dermatologist. A skin, hair, and nail specialist like Dr. Juan Vaillant of Old Bridge Dermatology has decades of experience to help you address whatever issue you may have, whether it’s a rash, infection, acne, dandruff, or hair loss. Call our Old Bridge, NJ office at (732) 679-0222 to schedule an appointment today!