7 Tips for Managing Oily Skin
Your body produces oil naturally and although it plays an important role in skin health, excess oil can lead to problems like acne. With so many products available that each claim to provide a quick fix for all types of skin conditions, it can be hard to know what really helps. Here are some helpful tips to manage your oily skin.
- One of the most basic skin care tips is to keep your face clean. Use mild cleansers twice a day to help prevent outbreaks.
- Use lukewarm water and use your fingertips, not washcloths or other materials.
- Moisturize with oil-free products and avoid heavy creams and lotions.
- During the day, use blotting paper or medicated pads to remove excess oil.
- Use oil-free or powdered sunscreens and makeup.
- Be aware of when your skin is most oily whether it’s affected by the seasons, weather, or hormones. Adjust your skin regimen and products accordingly to avoid overuse of drying or harsh products.
- See a dermatologist for the best recommendations and treatments.
Everyone’s skin is unique and is usually a combination of oily and dry skin so always consult with an experienced dermatologist before trying out all kinds of products. Dr. Juan Vaillant of Old Bridge Dermatology has been helping patients with many dermatological issues for over 30 years, so you will be met with patience, accurate information, and a friendly atmosphere. Dr. Vaillant treats everything from acne, dandruff, skin cancer, nail fungus, and psoriasis to hair loss and poison ivy. Please call our office in Old Bridge, NJ at (732) 679-0222 to schedule an appointment!