Treat Your Skin Right During Holiday Travel
Traveling for the holidays can be a huge stressor: Getting the kids ready, making sure you have all the presents packed, planning for meals, it’s enough to make you break out in hives! But wait, skincare is important even when you’re on the road or in the air. No matter what transportation you’re taking to see family or friends over the holidays, it’s nice to show up with healthy, glowing skin.
With a little extra preparation and forethought, you can have great healthy, holiday skin during your travels in a simple package.
Here are some simple tips for healthy skincare while you travel:
- Use gentle cleansers: Clear out all the dirt, dust, grime, and oil that naturally builds up during holiday travels by washing with a hypo-allergenic, gentle cleanser at least twice a day.
- Hands off!: If you’re traveling by plane or bus or any other public transportation, you often come into contact with germ-infested surfaces. Avoid touching your face during travel to prevent spreading bacteria.
- Stay moisturized: Flying makes you more prone to dry skin, so use a nice gentle moisturizer on your skin the night before you leave and apply it many times during your trip. If you’re wearing makeup, use moisturizer as a protective layer instead of foundation, which can dry your skin out. A travel-sized mineral water face mist can also prevent facial dryness.
- Keep your lips moisturized too!: A nice hydrating lip balm will help your lips stay moist, as opposed to lipstick, which can dry them out.
- Watch your hands: Washing your hands repeatedly during travel can give them a beating! Bring a nice hand cream along to counteract all these activities and harsh soaps your hands encounter.
Traveling puts your skin in contact with lots of stressful conditions, so make note of any issues you notice and chat with a skincare professional about them. If you are dealing with dry skin from traveling, or any other skin, nail, or hair issues, give us a call today. Here at Old Bridge Dermatology, our dermatologist, Dr. Juan Vaillant, has over 30 years of experience to help assess and treat any skin, nail, or hair problem that you are experiencing. To schedule an appointment at our convenient Old Bridge, NJ office, call us today at 732-679-0222.