Packing For Your Skin For Holiday Travel
Traveling for the holidays can be so stressful – planning the itinerary, getting the kids ready, making it on time, remembering what to pack. I’m sure just reading that was stressful to some! We’re not here to stress you out more though, we’re here to help! One area we can help take the guesswork out of is packing for healthy skin.
What should I pack for my skin?
We know that packing can be tedious. You’ve got a limited amount of space and lots to bring! Especially if it’s the holidays and you’re anticipating returning home with some new gifts. We put together a handy list of easy-to-pack skincare items that will help simplify your skincare routine during the busy holidays:
- Moisturizer: This is especially important if you’re flying, as flying can parch your skin!
- Lip balm: Choose a lip balm with UV protection and a gentle moisturizer to keep your lips healthy.
- Gentle cleanser: A mild cleanser can help prevent your skin from drying out or getting irritated, especially if you’re traveling to a different climate.
- Sunscreen: Even if you’re not traveling to the beach, you need to protect your skin with a broad-spectrum sunscreen with at least 30+SPF. It’s a good idea to slather some on before boarding a plane or getting in the car, especially if you have a window seat.
- Hydration mist: Give your face a few spritzes to feel refreshed and hydrated during travel.
- Makeup removal pads: This is a quick and easy way to ensure your skin is cared for even when you’re too tired after traveling.
Luckily, you can find lots of these things in the travel-sized aisle at your local department store. If you have sensitive skin, look for more mild products that won’t cause flareups or unexpected breakouts during travel. If you have any concerns about your skin, hair, or nails, it’s a good idea to check in with a skincare professional before you travel!
If you are dealing with any skin, nail, or hair issues it’s time to give us a call today. Here at Old Bridge Dermatology, our dermatologist, Dr. Juan Vaillant, has over 30 years of experience to help you assess and treat any skin, nail, or hair problem that you are experiencing. To schedule an appointment at our convenient Old Bridge, NJ office, call us today at 732-679-0222.