Delicious Fall Meals For Healthy Skin
You can pretty clearly mark Fall by the changing leaves and the uptick in pumpkin-flavored foods on grocery store shelves. Fall brings a barrage of fresh, festive flavors that are not only delicious but also – luckily for us – can be rewarding for our skin. We all know that you can buy sunscreen, moisturizer, and other products that can protect your skin’s health from the store, but did you also know that a well-balanced, nutrient-rich diet is also necessary for healthy skin, nails, and hair?
Try these delicious fall recipes filled with healthy vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to your skin!
- Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal – this is the quintessential fall breakfast. Pumpkin is rich in beta-carotene, which converts to vitamin A, which helps to fight skin aging. Oats are low on the glycemic index, so it will help to curb any skin outbreaks that high-index foods often cause.
- Acorn Squash with Kale over Penne – you can’t get much healthier than this dish! The squash is loaded with Vitamin A and omega-3 fatty acids, which fight inflammation in your skin.
- Chickpea, Tomato, and Spelt Soup – perfect for a cold fall day, and for your skin. Tomatoes have lycopene, an antioxidant agent, and chickpeas can help prevent skin aging.
- Zucchini Chickpea Burgers – these will even please your vegan and gluten-free guests! Zucchini has tons of vitamin C, which has antioxidant properties and the Vitamin E from the sunflower seeds in this dish can help protect your skin from acne.
- Hearty Garlic Greens – Swiss chard, mustard greens, kale, and other autumn greens have tons of vitamin C and beta-carotene for skin health.
- Apples with Dark Chocolate and Walnuts – Fall has some fantastic desserts! Apples have lots of fiber, which helps to fight acne, and chocolate has antioxidants that can help protect your skin from UV damage.
These nutrient-dense meals can help keep your skin healthy from the inside out, but they should be used alongside general skin care methods. If you are dealing with any skin, hair, or nail issues it is important to consult a skin care professional. Here at Old Bridge Dermatology, our dermatologist, Dr. Juan Vaillant, can help you assess and treat any other skin, nail, or hair problem that you are experiencing. To schedule an appointment at our convenient Old Bridge, NJ office, call us today at 732-679-0222.