Skin Care On a Budget
Your skin is the largest organ of your body, and we all know healthy, glowing skin helps to make a great first impression when greeting anyone. Maintaining that glowing skin can take considerable care though and skincare products can often seem too expensive. If you’re someone who constantly sees celebrities touting their high-class skin-care regimens on commercials or in magazines, then it can be daunting to know how to care for your own skin and still save money.
Here at Old Bridge Dermatology, we know that skincare is important. We also know that it doesn’t have to break the bank! That’s why we put together these low-cost tips to keep in mind when you’re planning your skincare regimen.
Follow these low-cost tips to ensure proper care for your skin!
- Clean & check your skin daily – A mild soap and warm water will go a long way in keeping your skin clean and ready for the day.
- Know the skin you’re in – Everyone’s skin varies slightly – do you have dry, sensitive, or oily skin? Are there issues you know you’re prone to getting regularly. Your dermatologist can help determine these skin traits and knowing them will help you shop economically for your skin.
- Use basic, hypoallergenic products – Petroleum jelly is a cheap and effective multipurpose hypoallergenic product that can rejuvenate dry skin or treat issues like diaper rash or small cuts, among many other uses. Check the labels carefully when purchasing skincare items to avoid any mystery chemical fragrances or alcohols that dry out your skin.
- Moisturize daily – Properly hydrated skin helps lock moisture in your skin.
- Use sunscreen – UV light exposure can turn into melanoma, an aggressive type of skin cancer. Skincare professionals recommend using an SPF 30 or higher sunblock every day.
These basic, low-cost skincare ideas should set you on a course for healthy skin from day one! However, if you ever notice any changes or issues in your skin, it’s important to check in as soon as possible with an experienced skin care professional. Here at Old Bridge Dermatology, our dermatologist, Dr. Juan Vaillant, can help you address your acne, or any other skin, nail, or hair issue you are experiencing. To schedule an appointment at our convenient Old Bridge, NJ office, call us today at 732-679-0222.