Fun With Home Facials
So-called experts recommend that you get a pricey facial every month, but that doesn’t mean you can’t give your skin a perfectly fine facial in the comfort of your own home. By following these easy steps, you can enjoy a fantastic treatment at home that will leave your skin glowing and healthy.
Steps to a wonderful home facial experience include the following:
- Exfoliation—Using a scrub to remove all the dead skin from your face and pores will create a more even looking skin tone and help erase age lines.
- Cleansing—Eliminating makeup, oils, and dirt is important to procure the full benefits of a facial, so be sure to treat yourself during the process. Always totally rinse off and pat dry with a clean towel to achieve a nice outcome.
- Steaming—Steaming helps open up your pores. Light some tea candles and listen to rain music to relax during the process of placing a hot towel over your face.
- Clay mask—The inclusion of a clay mask in your routine can cleanse your pores and remove most impurities. Remove the clay with a steam towel after 15-20 minutes. Following up with a hydrating mask to allow the skin to absorb extra nutrients is highly recommended.
- Moisturization—Retain moisture with an oil or cream lotion, but be sure to allow the benefits to soak into your skin for at least five minutes to provide great tone.
This easily performed home facial will rejuvenate your skin and make you feel pampered and appreciated without the extra expense of a salon visit. If you have specific skin issues or need expert advice regarding skin care, see your dermatologist. Dr. Juan Vaillant of Old Bridge Dermatology has been treating patients for hair, skin, and nail problems for over 30 years, and has the extensive background needed to help address a variety of dermatological issues. Dr. Vaillant has successfully treated acne, eczema, dandruff, hair loss, psoriasis, and nail fungus. If you are looking for an amiable, highly skilled dermatologist, call our office in Old Bridge, NJ at (732) 679-0222 and make an appointment.