5 Face Washing Tips
Washing your face properly and regularly is one of the best ways to avoid skin problems and to help treat some of the skin conditions that develop before they become more pronounced. While washing your face can be a simple and effective process, avoiding some common mistakes can make a big difference in the health of your skin.
Here are 5 washing tips to help you take better care of your face:
- Know your skin type—Do you have predominantly dry or oily skin? Foaming cleansers are great for oily and acne prone skin and completely remove excessive debris and oils. People with dry, or sensitive skin should use a gentle hypoallergenic cleanser to help avoid irritating the skin.
- Wash your face often—You should always wash your face in the morning since pore-clogging debris and oils build up overnight during sleep. Washing before bed and after any sweaty activities are also recommended.
- Fragrance free cleansers—Avoid cleansers that contain fragrances since these can be very irritating to the skin. Choose hypoallergenic cleansers that have no preservatives or pretty smelling fake odors.
- Moisturize regularly—Every time you wash your face, be sure to apply moisturizer after you dry off to prevent skin dryness, wrinkles, and itchiness, and to act as a protective insulator.
- Correct water temperature—Hot water can damage the delicate skin on your face, so be sure to use water that is just slightly warm.
Dr. Juan Vaillant of Old Bridge Dermatology has been treating patients for hair, skin, and nail problems for over 30 years, and has the extensive background needed to help address a variety of dermatological issues. Dr. Vaillant has successfully treated acne, eczema, dandruff, hair loss, psoriasis, and nail fungus. If you are looking for an amiable, highly skilled dermatologist, call our office in Old Bridge, NJ at (732) 679-0222 and make an appointment.