Why is My Hair Falling Out?
When you notice that your hair is falling out more and more, and can be unnerving experience to say the least! While hair loss occurs in men more frequently than in women, the other reasons for hair loss other than gender can run the gamut from being hereditary, to being caused by poor diet, diseases, medications, or hormonal variances.
Specific causes of hair loss include the following:
- It just happens—Many people choose to accept their hair loss as just another part of getting older, but others prefer dermatological interventions including medicines or transplant procedures.
- Skin diseases—Many hair loss problems are caused by underlying skin conditions such as dandruff, psoriasis, and ringworm. These can be treated by your skin care professional. Many interactions can be performed that will help promote healthy hair growth, rather than just going bald.
- Using too many hair care products—The proliferation of potentially damaging chemicals in many hair care products, along with all the incessant washings and heat applications can be damaging to your hair.
- Improper diet—You need iron and protein in your diet to maintain healthy hair. Too much vitamin A has been linked to hair loss.
- Autoimmune disease—Diseases such as alopecia areata cause hair to fall out leaving smooth areas of skin that may be reinvigorated to promote hair growth by your dermatologist.
Determining why your hair is falling out and finding a way to stop it is a job for your skin care professional. Dr. Juan Vaillant of Old Bridge Dermatology has been treating patients for hair, skin, and nail problems for over 30 years, and has the extensive background needed to help address a variety of dermatological issues. Dr. Vaillant has successfully treated acne, eczema, dandruff, hair loss, psoriasis, and nail fungus. If you are looking for an amiable, highly skilled dermatologist, call our office in Old Bridge, NJ at (732) 679-0222 and make an appointment.