Some Low Cost Skin Care Tips
The skin is the largest organ on your body and requires considerable care to maintain a healthy glow, but it can be difficult to come up with a skin care regimen that is cost effective when one considers all the expensive products being marketed and promoted by celebrities and skin care experts.
Here are some tips to keep in mind to help decrease the cost of caring for your skin:
- Know your skin type—Your skin can be dry, sensitive, oily and more likely to have problems with acne. Your dermatologist can help you determine your skin type.
- Clean your skin daily—Use a mild soap and warm water to avoid any harsh chemicals.
- Moisturize—Keeping your skin properly hydrated with a mild lotion after washing is essential for maintaining proper moisture.
- Use hypoallergenic products—Petroleum jelly is an excellent and inexpensive multipurpose hypoallergenic product that can treat dry skin, small cuts, and diaper rash among many other uses. Always read the labels on skin care products and choose those without mystery chemical fragrances and dehydrating alcohols.
- Use sunscreen—Excessive UV light exposure can cause skin lesions that may evolve into melanoma, an aggressive type of skin cancer. Dermatologists recommend using an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen for daily application.
If you notice any changes in skin color or condition, or need help determining your skin type, see an experienced, board-certified dermatologist to ensure the most effective and efficient outcomes. Dr. Juan Vaillant of Old Bridge Dermatology has been treating patients for hair, skin, and nail problems for over 30 years, and has the extensive background needed to help address a variety of dermatological issues. Dr. Vaillant has successfully treated acne, eczema, dandruff, hair loss, psoriasis, and nail fungus. If you are looking for an amiable, highly skilled dermatologist, call our office in Old Bridge, NJ at (732) 679-0222 and make an appointment.