How to Do a Home Facial
Who wouldn’t love a facial to pamper your skin and relax after long days? The reality is, not everyone can afford to get a facial every month like experts recommend, but that doesn’t mean you can’t give your skin a facial in the comfort of your own home! Follow these steps and enjoy a spa-level treatment to achieve healthy, glowing skin!
- Cleanse: Ridding your face of makeup, oils, and dirt is important to reap the full benefits of a facial, so take your time during cleansing. Use a gentle cleanser and small upward circular motions. Be sure to fully rinse and pat dry with a clean towel.
- Exfoliate: Use a scrub to remove excess dead skin from your face and pores to create a healthier, even tone.
- Steam: Steaming helps open up your pores and can help create a relaxing mood. Run a towel under very hot water, wring it out and place gently over your face for a few minutes. You can add essential oils for a nice aroma, and do this before rinsing off your exfoliating scrub to allow the steam and scrub to work together.
- Mask: A clay mask can cleanse your pores and remove impurities. Leave on for 15 minutes before removing with a steam towel. You can also follow up with a hydrating mask to allow the skin to absorb extra nutrients and hydration.
- Moisturize: Lock in the moisture with an oil or cream, but take your time and give yourself a massage to tone and work the moisturizer into your skin.
This DIY home facial will no doubt rejuvenate your skin and make you feel pampered. If you have any specific skin issues or need advice about caring for your skin, consult with a board-certified dermatologist. Dr. Juan Vaillant of Old Bridge Dermatology is a skin, hair, and nail specialist who has been treating patients for dermatological problems such as acne, dandruff, age spots, eczema, hair loss, nail fungus, and skin cancer for over 30 years. Call our Old Bridge, NJ office at (732) 679-0222 for an appointment!