Best Foods for Healthy Hair
When you go to a store, there are endless options when it comes to hair products that all claim they can do wonders and lead to healthier hair. However, sometimes the best way to achieve healthy, strong hair is to enrich it from the inside out by eating foods rich in nutrients. Find out the best foods for your hair!
- Fish are packed with omega-3 fatty acids that help give your hair that healthy shine and glow, so pick up some salmon or mackerel for a nutritious meal!
- Leafy green vegetables like kale and spinach are packed with iron, which is important in preventing hair loss.
- Fruits like blueberries, oranges, and strawberries are rich in vitamin C, which aid in the absorption of iron and prevent hair breakage. They also help with collagen production to strengthen capillaries that provide your hair with important nutrients.
- Beans are an excellent source of protein that ensures your hair has enough keratin for optimal hair cell growth.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotene, which is turned into vitamin A. Vitamin A aids in the production of sebum, an oil that acts as your scalp’s natural conditioner and gives your hair that healthy shine.
- Nuts are packed with vitamin E, selenium and zinc! Vitamin E helps to protect your hair from sun damage.
A varied and well-balanced diet can not only improve hair growth, quality, and strength, but also provide your skin and nails with the same benefits! However, if you notice any abnormalities with your hair, skin or nails, it is best to consult with a dermatologist who can diagnose and treat your issues effectively.
At Old Bridge Dermatology, Dr. Juan Vaillant is dedicated to providing his patients with high quality care and uses his specialties in dermatology, anatomic and clinical pathology to address patient needs on an individual basis. Dr. Vaillant treats common conditions such as acne, dandruff, eczema, age spots, warts, cold sores, and hair loss. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please contact our Old Bridge, NJ office at (732) 679-0222 today!