Budget-Friendly Skin Care Tips
With so many skin care products available to us and marketing strategies that push us to buy so many that are expensive, it can be hard to know how to establish a routine that does not break the bank. The skin is the body’s largest organ and is sensitive to many factors, so having a good skin care regimen can help prevent skin conditions like dry skin, acne, and skin cancer.
- Is your skin sensitive? Dry? Oily? Prone to acne? Knowing your skin type can help narrow down skin care products.
- Keep your skin clean with daily cleansing. A mild cleanser is enough to do the job!
- Moisturize your skin immediately after cleansing and gently drying to trap in moisture.
- Protect your skin with daily sunscreen. Dermatologists recommend a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30.
- Save yourself from buying numerous products that only have one function. Multi-function products like sunscreen moisturizers or lip balms with sunscreen can be just as effective.
- Petroleum jelly is one of the most inexpensive, effective, multi-functional products that is also hypoallergenic. Petroleum jelly can help treat dry areas, protect minor cuts, and even function as a diaper ointment.
- Carefully read labels, especially on expensive products, to avoid unnecessary fragrances and alcohols.
Keep these tips in mind next time you walk by the skin care products at the store, and remind yourself that the most expensive products do not guarantee better results. If you notice any changes in skin color or condition, or need help determining your skin type, see an experienced, board-certified dermatologist to ensure the most effective and efficient outcomes. At Old Bridge Dermatology, Dr. Juan Vaillant helps patients with all types of dermatological issues including acne, eczema, hair loss, dandruff, nail fungus, warts, and skin cancer. With over 30 years of experience, and specialties in anatomic and clinical pathology, Dr. Vaillant provides high quality care to help you achieve healthier, clearer skin, hair, and nails! Please call our office in Old Bridge, NJ at (732) 679-0222 to schedule an appointment today!